3.17.2011

St. Patty's Day


I never have been into the Holiday. I'm sure I have Irish somewhere way back down the family history line. I hate the taste of corned beef and cabbage. As a teenager I would do whatever I could to have to work that night so I'd miss the dinner at home. As a younger teenager, I was the one that would only wear green on my underwear, so I could sneak the color, but still be protected. I don't decorate with the emerald green color for the holiday either. I'm sure next year some will trickle in as my son starts preschool, and I'll do it for the kids. But as for now they're young enough to not know, so I simply don't care. Anyway, the only tradition I ever enjoyed growing up, was dying the food green. That was always a fun treat. Did I make pancakes this morning? Well, no. I had wanted to. But the hubby woke up late, the 4 year old threw a long and loud tantrum, and we're running being schedule for getting ready. Oh well! But for those that celebrate and go all out, good for you and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: