6.24.2010

Decorating ~project #1

I've been working on various projects in decorating my home. Above is one, but I recently decided that 3 isn't enough, so I'm going to do six, and they're going to be smaller. But I still am very happy with what I have now.  They are vintage images of drawings of birds. You can find free images on the internet. There are websites/blogs that I follow that provide some of these. Check out the Graphics Fairy or the Vintage Moth for some fun things.

Images credit from Elle Decor, Country Home and unknown.

So to start I had a few frames from yard sales and DI (I always pick some up there, as long as the frame isn't cracked).
I paint them black with just crafting acrylic paint, and sanded the edges, and bits across the frame w/ different roughness/pressure to give a natural varying look. Then simply printed the images as the correct sizes. It was quick and fun.

No comments: