6.30.2010

Decorating ~project #2

We all need an over sized letter showing off our Last inital! This one I found at Joann's. It's 7.99 but using that 40% off coupon is like gold.

I painted it solid black, only took 2 layers. Then I decided to stencil it w/ a Kiwi Green Color using stencil tape and a stipple brush.
Sorry this picture isn't very good. But to add extra detail, I used a yellow and the end of the brush's stick to add a simple dot of marigold yellow.

 Then I added a layer of Liquitex Gloss to give it a finishing coat and a little extra sheen.
(Again sorry about the blur)

And it was as simple as that!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Very cute! I love it. I have a the letters TOBLER I was going to spray paint but a little pattern would be fun too. It would have to be a smaller pattern, but great idea.

Kayla W. said...

I LOVE this a LOT!!!

Chrystie said...

Beutiful!! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing the steps! :)

Chrystie said...

Awesome! Looks great, thanks for sharing! :)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

You did such a great job with this. Love the paint technique. So cute! I have wanted a large "H" for the longest time! I have an idea page torn from a magazine for about 3 years that shows a large carved letter leaning on a mantle. One of these days I'll find my "H"!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Love it AND you! I need to do a letter for our house.

Love, Michelle