9.16.2010

Halloween Decor #2

This was another idea I saw in a Martha Stewart magazine either last year or the year before.

Find some vintage images (there are lots of blogs with free images, like the Graphics Fairy, or Vintage Moth-they are on the link list on the right hand site of my blog) and print them on card stock to the size you desire.

Get some Neon Orange craft paint and use a very fine paint brush, and simply add orange dots to their irises. The above picture was small (4x4), but on a larger picture, mount the picture on neon orange card stock and it helps 'pop' the eyes.  (You will need to apply a few times as it dries and seeps into the paper) The frame is another DI purchases that I painted black, then sanded down. Oval and ornate frames will be really fun, and help fit in with the theme of Victorian or old west. Then with black lights or dim lighting, the effect is really creepy and fun!

You can also do bats, ravens, owls, mice, any other creepy creature. I have a few more that I haven't framed yet, but I'll show those too.

No comments: