9.15.2010

Halloween Decor

My favorite time of the year is HERE!!! 


It starts to cool down, the leaves turn the rich smells (the leaves, cinnamon, pumpkins so many!) I love decorating for Autumn, and I love decorating for Halloween, and mainly for the huge party we have every year. I love to make it dark and creepy.  So This year I've embarked on a few new projects!


The ever popular and fun Apothecary jars! I first saw this a few years ago on Martha Stewart, and have seen many versions as well. These are my finished product (Except for the fillings). I plan to fill them with various things to replicate what they look like. Ashes for the mice dust, green water for the wart tonic, and purple, orange, black water. MS also suggests cattails or dead flowers in oil.  So fun. You can also paint your bottles/jars for an extra creepy look. I again plan to do colorful things inside them, so wanted them to remain clear.

For some of the labels, they are on Marthastewart.com, and the others from a blog K McKay Designs

I purchased these bottles all in one visit to DI (thrift store) and cost 5 dollars for 7 of them. Most of them don't have lids, but that's up to you.   I used Distress Ink in old paper to give them an aged look. Then to adhere the labels I used E600. MS suggested a glue stick, but I like the E600, just be sure to be in an open room with ventilation! I also washed them good before gluing, but after decided that I wished I only washed the one part where I was applying the label. The dust and dirt looked really neat.

No comments: