10.27.2010

Baby Shower

Tonight I went to a baby shower for my sister in law.  (it was hosted by her cousins, the Bush's, who ALWAYS do the cutest things!)

In addition to a traditional advice/congrats baby book (we decorate and write advice on 8x8 pages for a little album), we made applique onesies. They found fabric where we could cut out the designs, such as the dog above, and all in the same color scheme.  Then we ironed them on, then embroidered on the edges so they'll last. The selected things like the dogs, b/c she and her husband have two cute little dachshunds. They had die cut several shapes in some of the patterns using their Cricut, and then had some for us to play around with. The above picture is what I made. It was so fun to do, and to see all the other cute things everyone came up with.  I can't wait for my sil to have a baby, so I can throw her a shower and do this!!!!

No comments: