10.28.2010

Halloween Decor #5

 Cheese cloth ghosts! I had never done them before, but it was fun, and didn't take too long.  You need liquid starch, a bowl, cheesecloth, wire hangers, scissors, duct tape, milk jugs or soda 2 liters (empty, but good to have sand or water at the bottom to prevent tipping), and plastic wrap.

I placed a towel on my table to soak up any excess starch. Bend your wire hangers to create arms, and the head support with the hook. I wrapped plastic wrap into a big ball for the head, and attached to the hook of the hanger. Then I 'mounted' it to my milk jug and 2 liter with duct tape. Then to make the ghost, start with a small cut into your cheesecloth, then tear the rest of it. Place pieces over the ghost shape, long enough so it goes in front of the ghost, so without the jugs, it can support itself. Feel free to keep ripping pieces to give it and eerie and aged look. Let dry over night. If you want some to hang from banisters, trees, etc. place your ghost on something tall, like an oatmeal can so the bottom of the ghost drapes.

No comments: