4.06.2011

Easter Basket

I saw this Easter Basket on the Blog, A Soft Place to Land, and I knew I had to do it! I loved it! So here is my mossy Easter Basket!
 I started with my spring colored paints, and various papier mache eggs.

 The eggs needed two coats. After I was finished, I used the old trick of watered down brown paint, and 'flicking' the toothbrush.
 I started on the sides first. Long enough to go to the end, but not on the bottom.
 Then, I did the handles. Followed by the rim.
My Finished product!

I used nearly the whole package of cloth moss (4$ after the coupon at Hobby Lobby), and a 75 cent basket from DI, and the eggs from Roberts (6 large for 3.99-used a coupon of course, and 1.00$ for the 12 little eggs from Hobby Lobby).
*This was a SUPER MESSY project. The moss gets every where when you're cutting it. It stuck to my shirt, I had to vacuum my clothes!