6.13.2008

Birthday Stamp a Stack Cards

All these cards are using the Big Bold Birthday Set. I love this set, it is so versatile, and there are so many possibilities!

This is with Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa. For the frosting I used the "Kissing with a Twist" technique. I stamped the main image in Close to Cocoa, then the dots in the set was stamped in Chocolate Chip, then I Stamped the spots to the stamp of the frosting many times, and twisted it a little bit, and that's what gave it the swirly look. The cupcakes were stamped on white paper, then I cut them out, and mounted them on white. The candle was also stamped in Pixie Pink, and I filled in the flame with a yellow marker. I used scallop scissors for edging on the white.

As you can see, this one is based on the previous Red and Yellow card. The colors are Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, and Basic Black. Here I used the masking technique to create multiple balloons layering each other. For masking, you stamp the image
then cut it out exactly. You place it on top of the balloons you already stamped on your main image, then stamp the next balloon. It works best if you use a post it note. The tab is using one of the SU Tab punches, and the Corner Rounder Punch. With the Dazzling Diamonds and two way glue, I overlayed the dots on the CC. Then for the balloons I used a Glitter Glue. For surrounding the HB on the tab, I used the Dazzling Diamonds again. The HB is stamped on white paper, cut out then mounted on the tab.



This is with Cool Caribbean, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black. Cool Caribbean is a favorite color of mine, however it was an "In Color" from 2006-2007, so it's no longer available, but you can easily use Tempting Turquoise in it's place. Here we used the kissing technique again. The present was stamped in CC and the dots stamped in PP and then 'kissed' or lightly touched it to the present, careful not to twist, b/c it would then go brown. The edges of the image were rubbed in CC before mounted to the PP. The string is embroidery floss to match.

No comments: