11.10.2010

Autumn Leaf Table Runner

 This is a very simple project I did a few years ago, then made one for my mom. The place where I originally got the idea from, did an entire tablecloth! This is a fairly time consuming project (about a whole evening, 2-3 hours).  So I went for a table runner. 

Supplies needed:
  • glue gun 
  • glue sticks
  • fabric (preferably with a finished edge so you don't worry about fraying over time
  • leaves (i used a few bags that had 100 in each, so 200-300 leaves depending on the desired size of the runner)

 You start on the outside edges. Try to make the leaves look freshly fallen, and spread the color leaves evenly. Work your way around the whole shape of the table runner's edges, then start the next line working your way in. Place them very closely(even on top of the others), you don't want any fabric showing underneath. Continue to work you way in until complete. Go back and add a few as needed if there are any gaps. It's a fun project is sure to get noticed!  (NOTE, once complete do not place hot things on the surface, you don't want them to melt the glue, or if you used plastic leaves to melt them either!)


1 comment:

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hey Katie. It's my pleasure to feature you in my Fab Friday Favorites. Thanks so much for linking up to my par-tay & please feel free to take an "I Was Featured" button if you'd like.

Warmly, Michelle