11.26.2010

Beaded Book Marks

 For a Thanksgiving day activity, we made beaded bookmarks.  I made four, they are quite simple, but I just love them! So fun, easy and I wish I had made these sooner!

We used velvet cord (we also got a regular cord, but those became difficult to thread, and they tended to be thicker).  We just had a small variety of beads to choose from, but as you can see, I found some fun color combos. I've seen some with charms as well, I'll have to get those for the next time! I made two different sizes, one for the smaller book, and one larger to fit more standard sizes, but also thick books. I just measured some books to get the right measurement. A great activity for kids too!

Simply tie your first knot, thread your first set in your pattern, and tie your next knot.
Then without tying another knot thread your remaining beads in the opposite pattern.
Tie your end knot, then your middle knot.

No comments: