1.14.2011

Valentine Cards

I haven't ever been really into Valentine's Day. I have a few decorations, but was into it as a kid, but grew out of it fast. Not because my card boxes never won prizes in class, but the commercialization of it all. The day where you have to say I love you, when if you have someone to say it to, you really want to say it every day. And where you're supposed to buy roses and get a fancy dinner reservation. It's always meant more to me to do it on a random day, not on FEBRUARY 14th because you have to and that's what you do. Anyway, I'm shifting, just a little, but back into the fun part for my kids. I bought clearance Valentines for the kids (I have for years, you can buy them now, for 2.50, or in a month for 25 cents) and actually want to make some Valentine cards.  So here's a couple.

 This is using a simple watercolor technique. After coloring the cakes in w/ markers. Take a damp paint brush and lightly touch the pictures to give a fancier feel.

I like the non traditional colors here. Just something elegant.



So Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Stupid Cupid Day!

1 comment:

Liz said...

i love the green one!!