12.22.2010

Christmas Craft - 10 under 10$

I finally got around to finishing a Christmas craft. It only took about 10 minutes once I sat down and did it! I saw something similar at Gardner Village, it was 7.95, and I thought, hum, I can do that!

Supplies needed:
Berries, Bells, Branches/Sprigs, Wire Cutters, Ribbon, Hot Glue, Large Snowflake

 I originally found a larger pine snowflake at Joann's for 1$. I bought three. One didn't make it home whole, the other my son painted, and the other my daughter stepped on. They were too fragile. I glued one back together, but I will use it for something else. Instead, I found these thick felt snowflakes at Joanns, that were in a two pack, also one dollar.
 I had the berries left over from years ago making wreaths, and I always have ribbon on hand. I wanted to use twine for a more rustic feel, but tore the whole house apart only to figure it was in storage however I couldn't find it and didn't want to buy more when I have stockpiles of ribbon.
The branch was part of one larger one that was 50% off at Michaels so it was 2$


I made a large loop through the snowflake. Then I tied the the berries and branch together, then tied to the longer ribbon. Then Tied the bell to cover the knots. I used just a dab of hot glue to hold together the ties and just a little more secure for the branches.  And that was it!

Very simple, under 10 minutes and under 10 Dollars!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments: